Monday, May 2, 2011

day one.

I've wanted to start a blog for a little while now and lack of time, work, my 4 month old, life....has made it hard to sit down and begin.

Today seemed like the right day....Today is my brother Matthew's 22nd birthday and it has been really hard for me to find the right way to spend it. As much time as my family and I spend reminiscing and talking about how much we miss and love him - It doesn't change the fact that we don't get to spend his birthday with him.

Tonight we went bowling and had pizza - the simple things that always made Matthew happy. Matthew was very clear about what was important to him....his family more than anything else. Everything in life goes so fast - life gets so busy and passes by in such a blur - so much so that it really scares me sometimes.

Busyness seems so inevitable sometimes...so much so that sometimes these simple things get overlooked, postponed, and even rushed through. I would give anything to get these times back with my brother - bowling, movies, lake trips, church, softball games, even the algebra and geometry homework. I love you and miss you so much Matthew - Happy birthday.

PS. I bowled an extremely lousy game tonight in your honor - Jesse beat everyone while holding JJ with one arm....

0 comments:

Post a Comment